Local SEO is not a hard and fast rule to achieve rather a set of simple steps to perform. Although like other SEO approaches Local SEO also requires hard work and bit of accurate analysis and research. In this article I will present you some quick points to achieve a valuable Local SEO approach.
Following are some quick checklists to achieve a valuable Local SEO approach.
- There are four factors which balance Local SEO and they are keywords, product, prospective customers, and geography. If any one factor is missing or not balanced then your Local SEO approach is unstable like a chair without one leg.
- Your website design must match with the traits of the product, customer profile and the tradition or culture of that place, area or region.
- Achieve indexing of your website in local search engines as well as Google Local, Yahoo Local and Bing Local. Remember indexing is different from ranking, once your website is indexed then it would be ranked later.
- Target specific keywords that depict your business clearly like “real estate services in Quebec”.
- Achieve as many listings as you can in local business directories in accurate and relevant categories.
- Start building links to your website gradually and naturally rather than quickly. Otherwise search engines would treat you a spammer.
- Take advantage of social media platform where you can connect with various friends and potential customers in a productive and prosperous way.
- List down your website in local maps services like Google maps for high visibility.
- Keep track of your website visitors, online hits and link building results. You can achieve this by installing an analytics service on your website.
- Be creative and innovative in using different Local SEO techniques. Do variations in your optimization techniques.
SEO is more an art than a magician. Right approach at the right time leads to success, therefore start acting now.